From the Legacy story, "That Old Gang of Mine: Not".
From the Legacy story: ♫♪♪♫ "Birdie, Birdie In the Sky" ♫♫♪♫ Will You Marry Me?".
From the Legacy story "The Salt and Pepper Team" Dr. Ida Johnson, "Pepper"
From the story "The Blip in Our Marital Radar" .
After her death, in the Story called: "Prologue: SIGNS" THE STORY IS TOLD OF THE CARD I FOUND UNDER ODD CIRCUMSTANCES AND TIMING. THE WORDS WERE IN MY SISTER'S HANDWRITING.
One Day You Will
Write A Book
People turn to you because you give voice to dreams, notice little things, and make otherwise impossible imaginings appear real. You are a rare bird who thinks the world is beautiful enough to try to figure it out, who has the courage to dive into your wild Mind and go swimming there. You are Someone who still believes in cloud watching, people watching, daydreaming, tomorrow, favorite colors, silver clouds dandelions, and sorrow. Be Sacred. Be cool. Be wild. Go far. Words do more than plant miracle seeds. With you writing them, they can change the world.
The card was found at a time I was struggling and indeed, I did write a book. In fact 16, 12 of which are published.
:"THE ONE AND ONLY DS AWARD" a Legacy Story Annually bestowed on a member of our family who by vote of the adults, is declared to have done the "Dumbest Stupidist" thing of the year. (Or maybe that is the non-x-rated interpretation)
"ROTTEN EGGS, COLD BEER, AND CLASS ON MONDAY" a Legacy Story
AUTHOR'S BIOGRAPHY FOR LITERARY WORKS
Joyce Godwin Grubbs, author of the Greyhound Lady Walking series (twelve suspense novels of creative-fiction, taking real cases and fictionalizing them to protect identities.) She also has extensive experience writing memoirs personally and professionally. She has written memoir books as both a paid ghost writer and co-author, and does individual stories as part of her Legacy Stories Personalized, private services online.
Her 21st century twist on memoir writing is noted in her personal legacy stories found in her legacy book entitled, “Grandma Lady’s Slightly Exaggerated and Fractured Family Tales.” Published in a perfect bound book with dozens of colored pictures (8.5x11, 342 pages)
- Currently her non-fiction memoir book written for Annabelle Kindig has been released under the title: Footsteps Out of Darkness: The Annabelle Kindig Story. It is available on Amazon.com in kindle and print under her name and Annabelle Kindig’s name.
- Her memoir non-fiction writings of a World War II veteran who served aboard the USS Maryland, and fought in most of the battles of the South Pacific, remains under a "confidential ghost writing agreement.” It has 80,000 words and its publishing future resides with the subject of the book and his designated representatives.
- Godwin-Grubbs provides personal services to many authors including content reading. Her recent though confidential services to a Vietnam Veteran still struggling with his PTSD, was to help him learn and develop creative flow of his memoir book.
- Her professional memoir writing link: www.legaciespersonalizedforyou.webs.com provides for people who are seeking professional help in writing their memoir stories with the assistance of a professional. * Fees discounted for members of MWC.
- Workshop participation for the University Of Iowa Office Of Veteran Affairs; Writing Our Way Back Home was a service of the heart. She was an adjunct participant with the veterans and support to the established protocol of the program and its format. An effort was made to encourage Veterans to write their experiences and to teach them how to do “memoirs” as stories, journals, and novels.
- The author is often requested to ghost-write speeches and presentation materials as well as stories and books.
- Her entries into the annual Q.C. Times Christmas Story contest twice, led to her selection each time to be the story selected for sole publication that year of entry. (Circulation 64,000+).
- Recipient of the CMN Editor's Award in 2009 for freelance stories she did while covering the struggles of flood victims of the Cedar Rapid's Flood. (At that time the fourth greatest natural disaster of our country's history).
Actively writing in several areas at this time of "retirement," (claiming to be "refired not retired") she looks forward to sharing "her wealth" of knowledge, passion and information writing memoirs and avoiding "literary pitfalls" in this 21st century.
TITLES OF INDIVIDUAL STORIES FOUND IN THE LEGACY BOOK: GRANDMA LADY'S SLIGHTLY EXAGGERATED AND FRACTURED FAMILY TALES BY JOYCE GODWIN GRUBBS
Titles of Individual Stories in:
Grandma Lady’s Slightly Exaggerated and Fractured Family Tales
The Dime Store Lost Its Sparkle
Profoundly From the Mouths of Babes
Frankenstein Follows Me Through Life
Tantrums, Jim Kent and Thanksgiving Decisions
Courtship, A Twisted Twist, Another Dean of Women
Rotten Eggs, Cold Beer, Class on Monday
The Goat Man
Big Brother is Watching
My Human Herman
They Saw A Man
A Baby Shower for Daddy, Then Goodbye
Man Paints Himself Into Bomb Scare
Milly Milquetoast vs. Nasty Nadine
Birdie Birdie in the Sky, Will you Marry Me?
Mourning Doves and Forever Loves
The Witch in the House was Real
Phone Number 322-4805
Our Family Welcomes are Red
My Childhood Nemesis
At Work and Feeling Tired on Labor Day
Johney and Mary are Lovers
The Hanging Tree in Our Backyard
Names, Shames and Family Claims
Behind Every Big Black Cloud is a Bigger Blacker one, So Enjoy the One You are Walking Through.
Behind Every Bush (President Bush I Mean)
An Incidence of Consequence with Democrats
Jeff by Any Other Name is Still Jeff
Put Your Life Where Your Mouth Is
Fist Thru the Wall: Way to Go Honey
The Blip on Our Marital Radar
A Dinner Party Mid-life Crisis Style
The Complex was Complex
Christmas with the Union
Children Rush Down
Why so Much?
The Color of Christmas is Purple
The Apostle to the Pygmies
The Salt and Pepper Team
A Champion for “A” Before I Die
Love Train: Teacher Extraordinaire’
Here’s to the Crabby Old Men in My Live
The Tooth Fairy Rules for Grandmothers
My Husband and I had Grandfathers In Common
Because Everyone Needs a Grandma’s Opinion
Adults Need a Grandma too
The Marines, The Ministry, God’s Will?
Pride Goeth Before a Fall
Oklahoma Chocolate Gravy (Family Recipe)
Fooled You Again Dip (Family Recipe)
Governor’s Mansion Summer Tea *Borrowed recipe from the Texas Governor’s Mansion